Re: Gianluigi Donnarumma

06 Aug 2017, 04:12

Best GK in the world.

150m worth.

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

13 Aug 2017, 11:04

That’s what I was talking about, Jasper. Huge balls to turn this down.

:red: :black:

Jasper
The Maldini of Multimedia

13 Aug 2017, 13:44

:fp:
Only Maldini can judge me

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

13 Aug 2017, 14:25

Jasper wrote:
:fp:

I know, right? He should’ve accepted.

Jasper

13 Aug 2017, 16:42

:max:

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

13 Aug 2017, 16:53

:lol:

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

19 Aug 2017, 10:36

Jasper wrote:
:max:

:red: :black:

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

19 Aug 2017, 10:50

Donnarumma: 'Milan not about money'

Gianluigi Donnarumma “received many offers and gave up on a lot in order to stay at my home,” explaining the Milan contract was “not about money.”

The goalkeeper was at the centre of a soap opera this summer when initially refusing to sign a new contract, then changing his mind amid fan protests, including some who threw fake dollars at him during an Italy game.

“Let’s just say that I don’t think about money at all. I want to relax, enjoy my life with my family and my girlfriend. Money is secondary,” the 18-year-old told the Corriere della Sera newspaper.

“In all honesty, at that moment during the Under-21 game, I didn’t even realise they had thrown dollars. I could hear shouting, but I only noticed after the game had finished, when I saw the video footage. I was upset. At that moment I only wanted to focus on the Euros and I was sorry the fans felt I had betrayed them.

“I received many offers, I’ll admit that, and gave up on a lot in order to stay at what I consider to be my home. At that time, I wanted to be concentrated only on the European Under-21 Championship, which was about to begin. I was 18 years old, it was a moment that could prove decisive in my career.

“I didn’t have the right mindset to decide on such a big contract, so I wanted to wait until at least the end of the tournament. I could’ve earned more, but it wasn’t an issue of money. During the Euros, absolute chaos erupted around my decision and it really hurt.

"Paris Saint-Germain or Real Madrid? In all honesty, I wasn't thinking about any other club, I was only focused on Milan.

“I was a little worried at returning to San Siro, I’ll admit that, and was a bit pessimistic about how the crowd would react. Instead they were great, giving me the exact same welcome as last season.”

Donnarumma was attacked viciously during social media, but some went even further and left false negative reviews of his family’s restaurant.

“If it had just been about football, that wouldn’t have been a problem, but there were opinions on my family and some very mean things were said that upset my folks.”

Is it true that Coach Vincenzo Montella – who is from the same area as Donnarumma – proved decisive by visiting the goalkeeper’s family?

“It was just a coffee, not much else. They didn’t talk about the transfer market. I have a really good rapport with the Coach, we always joke around in Neapolitan dialect. It’s true, with his experience leaving home young, he could understand my situation better than anyone else.”

http://www.football-italia.net/108405/d ... bout-money

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

19 Aug 2017, 10:53

Donnarumma: 'I've never felt fear'

Gianluigi Donnarumma discussed Milan ambitions, the “responsibility” of being a goalkeeper, fearing nothing and playing with Leonardo Bonucci.

The 18-year-old sat down for a lengthy interview with the Corriere della Sera newspaper.

“The thing I like most about my role is the responsibility. That’s what makes me proud in front of my teammates and the crowd. Being a goalkeeper is first and foremost responsibility, because when you make a mistake, it’s a goal.

“This is not a role for fragile characters or emotional people. It’s a real weight on your shoulders, full of challenges. It’s what I love about this job.

“Gigi Buffon has been a figure I’ve looked up to since I was little. He helped me so much on international duty, giving me a lot of advice and being reassuring during training. He has been really special for me, both as a Coach and a person.

“I am very grateful to him and he made sure I never felt scared. I’m trying to learn a lot from Manuel Neuer now too and taking inspiration from his career.”

The first goalkeeper to set the example was his older brother, Antonio, who is now back at the Milan squad as Gigio’s understudy.

“We really help each other in training. We’re colleagues, but obviously something more. Family is important.”

Donnarumma was given his Serie A debut at the age of 16 years and eight months, in a 2-1 victory over Sassuolo in October 2015.

“Sinisa Mihajlovic called me in on the Saturday and asked if I was frightened, because the next day he intended to give me my debut. I said no straight away, without hesitation, because I’ve never been afraid.

“I felt ready to play, even if I was very young. People tell me I’m very young now too, but I’ve never felt afraid of anyone or anything.”

Milan have been transformed over the summer with players like Andre Silva, Franck Kessie, Hakan Calhanoglu, Andrea Conti, Lucas Biglia and Bonucci.

Donnarumma was asked if he had regrets, knowing Paris Saint-Germain were interested and they now have Neymar.

“I play with Bonucci now, which isn’t bad! I have to say Bonucci really impressed me. I’ll be honest, I was surprised when I heard he was arriving, the directors are doing an incredible job.

“I’m sure Leo will give us a big hand, including in terms of character. We’ve changed a lot this summer and are now trying to form a team.

“We need to get back into the Champions League, that is our objective and our duty. Nobody can tell who wins the Scudetto, but we’ll fight it out with everyone. Juventus are certainly the favourites, but… you never know.”

http://www.football-italia.net/108407/d ... -felt-fear

Jasper

19 Aug 2017, 15:50

staph

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

28 Aug 2017, 07:55

Bonucci: "Raiola's comments on captain armband annoyed me? Absolutely not, I hope Gigio becomes captain in 5 yrs when my contract expires."

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

04 Sep 2017, 15:01

Raiola:

"Donnarumma? We remained at Milan because this was his desire."

"Those who judged him before the transfer market ends should apologize."

"I am still waiting for the apologies of the small part of Milan fans and also from some reporters who made a moral judgement."

"Everyone condemned Donnarumma badly but never apologized."

"I also want to clarify this captain armband story. We never asked for it, it was offered to us."

Jasper

04 Sep 2017, 19:08

:lol:

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

04 Sep 2017, 21:46

The best youth XI in the world according to AS: