For the modern Milanista

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

Re: [Serie A] LAZIO - MILAN, Sunday 10/9/2017 @ 15:00 CEST

10 Sep 2017, 18:46

Awful game and a reality check for us.

Calabria, Borini, Montolivo shouldn’t see the field anymore, especially when we play good teams. But then again, Biglia was shit too.

I feel like Bonucci’s move to Milan is turning out to be a big test for him. Playing in a non-Juve defence has exposed him quite badly so far. He seems weak 1on1.

Also, our lack of depth has already started showing. We’re shit as soon as we don’t have all the starters available.

Luckily, there’s still time to gel. Forza!

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

Re: [Serie A] LAZIO 4-1 MILAN, Sunday 10/9/2017 @ 15:00 CEST

10 Sep 2017, 18:51

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

10 Sep 2017, 18:53

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

10 Sep 2017, 19:05

Montella: 'Milan lack mental strength'

Vincenzo Montella felt Milan “lacked the mental strength to fight back” in a 4-1 defeat to Lazio, but “I’d make these decisions again.”

The Rossoneri had won all six of their competitive games so far this season between Serie A and the Europa League, but capitulated at the first genuinely tough test.

Ciro Immobile bagged a hat-trick before setting up Luis Alberto’s fourth, with Riccardo Montolivo only providing mere consolation.

“It is an ugly defeat and there are many negative elements that came together,” Montella told Mediaset Premium.

“An incident, on a psychological level, changed the game and they slowly took control. Lazio did very well and were clinical in their finishing. We didn’t have the mental strength to fight back, as everyone wanted to transform the game by themselves and not by working as a unit.

“It’s true that right now Lazio are more of a team, inevitably, as they haven’t changed as much as we did this summer. What we learned today is that we are still a way off being complete and in Italian football, you can’t get away with anything.

“I thought on an individual level that Lucas Biglia and Montolivo had good performances. The issues were elsewhere.”

Montella was criticised for his choices at the Stadio Olimpico.

“I would field the same players if I had to make the decisions again. In my view, these were the best players for the situation. Patrick Cutrone is in better shape than the other strikers, Jack Bonaventura was coming back from injury, Hakan Calhanoglu wasn’t at his best, playing for his country with a knock.

“Physically, the team is fine, it was a psychological drop-off after the penalty. When your head isn’t on point, the body won’t follow. My players did run a lot, they just didn’t run effectively.

“It’s a harsh result, but one that will ultimately help us to grow. We lacked aggression, but on a tactical level the differences were minimal.”

https://www.football-italia.net/109675/ ... l-strength

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

10 Sep 2017, 19:48

milanist wrote:
on a tactical level the differences were minimal.”

https://www.football-italia.net/109675/ ... l-strength

:fassone:

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

10 Sep 2017, 20:13

Bonucci: 'Milan slap in the face'

Leonardo Bonucci warned the 4-1 defeat to Lazio represents “a healthy slap in the face” for Milan. “The penalty made us crumble.”

The Rossoneri had won all six competitive games between Serie A and the Europa League, but were humiliated at the Stadio Olimpico this evening.

“This mustn’t change our ambitions, but it should serve as a valuable lesson,” Bonucci told Mediaset Premium.

“We should’ve been a team unit throughout the game, but that penalty made us crumble. We need to improve in the details.

“I think we ought to treat this defeat as a healthy slap in the face for everyone. We didn’t have the belief that we’d hurt Lazio and so when they scored on their first opportunity, it knocked the wind out of our sails.

“We weren’t phenomenal before this game and we are not disasters after it. It’s true we must work to become more of a team unit, to sacrifice ourselves for the whole and always give 100 per cent. In Serie A and Europe, 99 per cent is just not enough.

“The way I see it, defending begins when the opposition first get the ball, and it must be done together with aggression – that is what we’re currently missing.

“It was utopian to think that we’d be a super squad working like clockwork from the first day. We have to improve in many areas, enjoy keeping clean sheets and sacrifice ourselves for the team. That isn’t happening.”

Bonucci seemed to be arguing with hat-trick hero Ciro Immobile at the final whistle and refused to swap shirts.

“Some things happened with Immobile, but they were on the pitch and remain on the pitch.”

https://www.football-italia.net/109681/ ... -slap-face

naraku

10 Sep 2017, 23:27

So there was a game ... but glad I didn't stick around for it.

Flicking over the past few pages , I don't think I will bother trying for a replay either.

This was something with Montella last year too , failure to compete with and beat top teams. I'm pretty sure it was an issue.
Still it's hard to bring in this many players and expect instant success , just win the next two matches or the drums of doom will start in the distance.

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

11 Sep 2017, 07:30

Jasper
The Maldini of Multimedia

11 Sep 2017, 07:37

Notes: Luigi being protected by the paper.

Only Maldini can judge me

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

11 Sep 2017, 19:19

Montella:

"We appeared in terrible shape against Lazio, 3-man defense was already planned. We owe the management and fans a reaction."

"We slept little yesterday. But we can draw some individual insights and grow as a team and individually also in game approach."

"Analyzing and reviewing the game we've deservedly lost the game."

"However we only had 15 minutes between the 1st & last goal where we were completely disconnected."

"We had started the game in a very good way. This result will be resolved with time, work and a pinch of humility."

"When I lose I like to analyze & understand where I could be wrong & where I could do more."

"Yesterday there were many things I could have done more."

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

11 Sep 2017, 19:23

Fassone:

"The Lazio defeat? The right explanations will be given by Montella and Mirabelli. We're aware this team is under construction."

"We were surprised by the proportion and size with which this defeat has matured."

"We have what it takes to finish in one of the first four places. It's the goal we manifested and always declared."

"Tumbles like the one against Lazio are important to take off alibis and to restart, starting Thursday, with a different spirit."

"Bonucci? I was disappointed when I saw criticism concentrated on him more than others. It was a negative performance in general."

"Bonucci is the captain and the one who decided to put his face on and speak to media post-match. He has our utmost appreciation."

"Europa League? Our goal is to advance and top our group because of the points, prestige and to get a better draw."

VDOMilan

14 Sep 2017, 06:28

Full HD Match highlights