Re: [Serie A] MILAN 0-2 ROMA, Sunday 1/10/2017 @ 18:00 CEST

01 Oct 2017, 20:41

More like 100m+

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

01 Oct 2017, 20:46

Montella: 'Satisfied with Milan'

Vincenzo Montella insists he is “satisfied” after Milan’s 2-0 defeat to Roma. “We played the way I like and created numerous chances.”

Edin Dzeko’s deflected effort and Alessandro Florenzi following up on a parried Radja Nainggolan effort made the difference at San Siro.

“I was much more worried after the Sampdoria game, where I couldn’t figure out what had happened,” Montella told Mediaset Premium.

“I think Milan played on level terms with Roma. Even down to 10 men, we didn’t fall apart. I think this is the right track, the lads had the correct attitude.

“I am satisfied with both the spirit and the quality of the football. I struggle to find someone who didn’t play at a Milan level today, considering the strength of the opponent and that Roma had practically the same side as last season, who finished second.

“The club made a clear choice, we wanted to create a competitive squad and brought in a lot of quality all over the park. We believe these players can improve and represent the future of Milan.

“This defeat was the essence of football, as little incidents and luck can make a huge difference. Today Milan played consistently, we played the way I like and we created numerous chances. If one had gone in, we’d be here talking about a different result.”

The Rossoneri didn’t have a single shot on target in the 2-0 defeat to Sampdoria and Leonardo Bonucci’s effort here ended a drought of 181 minutes of Serie A football without going near the goal.

“I see the path as no longer an uphill struggle, but more of a clear way ahead. I am satisfied. There are many small errors during a game, but that’s true of all teams. Dzeko’s goal went in with that deflection and bit of luck, so there’s not much you can do about that.”

Milan are now nine points off the top of the table after seven rounds, but Montella is not panicking about their top four ambitions.

“It’s only the start, I am not worried. I think if we play with this consistency, then we can have our say and get back into it. After all, this time last year Juventus weren’t even in the Europa League places and they ended up winning the Scudetto.”

https://www.football-italia.net/110714/ ... fied-milan

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

01 Oct 2017, 23:10

MONTELLA "I HAVE NOTHING TO REPROACH THE TEAM FOR"

The coach after the 0-2 at San Siro: "We are more confident after this match. The fans have been great"

The boss looks at the bright side after the home defeat against Roma where his team controlled the game for 70' before surrendering to Dzeko and Florenzi. This is what he had to say to Milan TV:

ON THE RIGHT TRACK
"Tactically, this has been our best game. We are disappointed with the result, it could have been a turning point. We weren't lucky, it could have ended in a different way. I have nothing to reproach the boys for and I want to thank the fans at San Siro for the big applause after the final whistle. Borini? He always makes himself available, he played a good game, showing great spirit.

FOURTH PLACE
"I can say that there's much difference in our style of football compared to the teams above us. And after tonight's performance, I am confident and really willing to bounce back.

HEAD HELD HIGH
"I want to thank the club, I have always felt they believe in me, although I know the risks of this job. I am pleased they have spoken highly of me, they can see the work we are doing despite the results.

GOALS
"We lacked a bit of 'madness' in front of goal. We lacked those moves that could have shook their defence. We didn't react after the goal for 0-1? It was a cold shower, but we tried to bounce back. With the red card shown to Calhanoglu, the team lost cohesion.

DERBY
"With these matches, the level of attention is always higher. I don't know how much the international break can be of help, I want to bounce back immediately after this defeat. I saw lots of positive things we can work on. We'll try to sharpen our skills".

After the final whistle, also Hakan Calhanoglu, who received a costly red card in the final minutes as he will miss the derby, spoke to Milan TV:
"We played a really good game, creating chances and attacking. I can't remember Roma troubling us in 70 minutes, in the second half we tried to keep it up and we were in control of the game. Dzeko's goal really struck us hard, it became almost impossible to score". Attacking phase: "We did everything we could to score, but they did well in defence. We have to work hard. I am really sorry for receiving the red card: there was a misunderstanding with Romagnoli and I had forgotten about the first yellow card. I am sorry to the fans, unfortunalely I will miss the derby".

In the end, it was time for Fabio Borini to reflect on the match:
"We lacked only the goal, we gave everything we had: grit, determination, desire, the same that led Çalhanoglu to receive a red card to stop their counterattack". His position: "I had never played in this role before, but if the coach wants me to play here I am happy to do so. I try to learn the defensive phase every day, also because I think of myself as a forward and it's not easy". The recipe to restart: "We have to work on being more compact and our desire to win. We must never stop believing, even in the practice matches at Milanello".

https://www.acmilan.com/en/news/intervi ... e-team-for

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

02 Oct 2017, 07:47

naraku

Re: [Serie A] MILAN - ROMA, Sunday 1/10/2017 @ 18:00 CEST

02 Oct 2017, 10:57

milanist wrote:
Borini currently our best wing back if not best player.

Wwwhhhaaatt ??

RR68 was good. Borini has a great work-rate but that's about it , the guy couldn't stick a pass if his life depended on. Horrible technical qualities. Reminds of Lapadula , great heart etc but not much else.

Best players for me where : Silva, RR, Biglia, Romagnoli.

Kessie is tired, needs a break but will want him for the Derby. I really think if Bona is not going to play Hakan's role then it MUST be Suso.

VDOMilan

04 Oct 2017, 05:54

Full HD Highlights