For the modern Milanista

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

Re: [Serie A] CHIEVO 1-4 MILAN, Wednesday 25/10/2017 @ 20:45 CEST

25 Oct 2017, 23:35

Montella: “It was just a matter of time, the players did well”

AC Milan manager Vincenzo Montella spoke to PremiumSport after his side’s 4-1 victory away to Chievo. Here’s what he had to say.

On the victory: “It’s a result that gives us strength and confidence. The style of play was seen in the last games, it was just a matter of time. I’m happy, but I’m thinking about the next game. We are already mentally prepared.”

On Calabria: “I can’t say more than I know, they’ve taken him for investigation.”

On the performance: “We were a bit blocked in the beginning. However, in the second half, we played better and we weren’t mentally blocked. Some players were more creative as well.”

On the absence of Bonucci: “The team is improving and that makes me hopeful. Bonucci can be criticized for some performances, but he is extremely important for us.”

On the game: “It was not easy today, we were under a lot of pressure. The players did well and gave important feedback. I would like to see this spark on Saturday against Juventus. I hope Juve will underestimate us.”

On Kalinic: “He had a great game, a decisive one. It was very good in my opinion.”

http://sempremilan.com/montella-just-ma ... ayers-well

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

26 Oct 2017, 00:57

So have we finally found our formation?

I’ve already said this team’s built for 3-4-3. The only problem is central midfield depth. The starting pair of Biglia and Kessie is fine, but then we got the likes of Locatelli, Montolivo, Mauri on the bench, which is pretty bad.

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

26 Oct 2017, 01:16

MONTELLA: "GREAT SPIRIT, QUALITY AND COHESION”

The boss: "The team was mentally more free in the second half”. Calhanoglu and Kalinic also spoke to Milan TV

After the final whistle in a match that saw AC Milan being back to winning ways in the game against Chievo, a pleased and satisfied Vincenzo Montella spoke to Milan TV:

SOMETHING CLICKED
"I am really pleased, the boys have been playing more fluidly recently but today they showed great spirit, cohesion and quality. In the second half, leading by three goals, the team played even better football as probably the boys were mentally freer.

TEAM AND FANS
I don’t have much news on Calabria, we are cautiously optimistic. The boy is conscious and undergoing medical tests. Suso played a great game, he was decisive since he basically had a hand in every goal. I am really happy for Calhanoglu as well. The fans have always supported us, at home and away. I am sure that they will be of great help on Saturday".

Calhanoglu, who scored his debut goal in Serie A also spoke to Milan TV after the match:
"I am really happy with my goal. I want to thank everyone, my team-mates and the staff because they have always backed me and have always pushed me to give more and more. I have worked hard for this moment, I am happy for the team and the fans and for the three points. But now we have to focus on the match against Juve: we’ll try to take a breather and to recover our strength. I know people expect a lot from me - the Turkish no. 10 continued - and I know I can make it although it’s not been easy after the long ban (suffered last season, ed.). Our fans have been incredible: we need a sold-out San Siro to help us give it our all on Saturday evening".

Finally, it was time for Nikola Kalinic to address the Red and Blacks thematic channel:
"We played a really good game - he said - it was a great win. It was important because we play Juve on Saturday and we have to look forward to the clash against Juve and continue like this. The boss asks me to do the things I do best and to always give 100 percent. I want to play, I don’t mind in what system or with how many strikers. The match against Juve is so important and we want to win".

https://www.acmilan.com/en/news/intervi ... d-cohesion

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

26 Oct 2017, 01:19

Montella: 'Milan building to Chievo win'

Vincenzo Montella believes Milan’s 4-1 win at Chievo was simply building on the growing performances of recent weeks.

Suso was decisive with a goal and assist at the Stadio Bentegodi, ending a run of one point from four rounds.

“It’s a victory that gives us belief and strength. We had already seen significant improvements in the quality of football over recent games and I am very satisfied with this performance,” the Coach told Mediaset Premium.

“I am already looking forward to Saturday’s game with Juventus and we don’t have much time to celebrate, even if we do want to enjoy the moment.

“We had a psychological block, all sorts of things happened and the team had to shake some things off. In the second half, the lads were more enterprising and I hope from now on these players will be able to express their immense talent with more freedom.

“I want to see the spark we’re looking for and hope that Juve underestimate us a bit on Saturday.”

Was it a coincidence that Milan played better with Leonardo Bonucci suspended and in the stands?

“We didn’t allow Genoa much either, while with Inter we conceded on an error and a corner. You can criticise Bonucci for some performances, but can’t put his quality in doubt, otherwise we may as well go and do a different profession.”

http://www.football-italia.net/111867/m ... chievo-win

highrider

26 Oct 2017, 09:28

Build on this. !!

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

26 Oct 2017, 10:41

naraku

26 Oct 2017, 10:52

Very good match, finally good to see something positive.

I hope Calabria is going to be OK.

The back 3 was very solid. Now a big test is coming so fingers crossed.

Well, hopefully Montella got another reminder as to why we need to have Suso as RW.
Great 3 points, Forza Milan !

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

26 Oct 2017, 11:25

Our positioning when not in possession:

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

26 Oct 2017, 20:21

Kalinic goal sets season record

Nikola Kalinic’s goal for Milan against Chievo on Wednesday set a Serie A record for this season, coming at the end of 43 consecutive passes.

Opta statistics showed the Croatia international’s strike finished off a textbook team move at the Stadio Bentegodi.

The Rossoneri won the match 4-1, salvaging Coach Vincenzo Montella’s job.

https://www.football-italia.net/111908/ ... son-record