For the modern Milanista

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

Re: [Serie A] MILAN 0-2 JUVENTUS, Saturday 28/10/2017 @ 18:00 CEST

29 Oct 2017, 00:26

Montella: '€100m players don't come'

Vincenzo Montella hinted Milan wanted to sign a top striker this summer, but “€100m players don’t come without the Champions League.”

The Rossoneri spent over €200m in the transfer window, including €38m for Andre Silva and €25m for Nikola Kalinic, yet wasted several great chances in today’s 2-0 defeat to Juventus.

“Not everyone has a Gonzalo Higuain,” said Montella in his Press conference. “The match was decided by a top player who created two goals out of nothing.

“Top players worth €100m won’t come without the Champions League. I am happy with the transfer market we conducted.”

Milan had been linked with the likes of Torino’s Andrea Belotti and Borussia Dortmund hitman Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, but eventually signed Kalinic from Fiorentina.

“I don’t envy anything that Juventus have. They set the example as a team built over time. They are experienced and are now introducing some young players, but they are built to win the Champions League.

“There was optimism over the summer because big achievements are possible if you approach them the right way, even if some incidents could’ve gone our way.”

Montella was also asked about the disappointing performance of former Lazio midfielder Lucas Biglia, who repeatedly gave the ball away.

“I don’t want to comment on individuals. I do think he can do better. He’s an extraordinary player, but I don’t know why, he has recently not looked calm. I am convinced he’ll become the added value we are looking for.”

https://www.football-italia.net/112001/montella-€100m-players-dont-come

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

29 Oct 2017, 01:33

MONTELLA: "HIGUAIN MADE THE DIFFERENCE"

The coach: "We played a good game but should have scored". Abate and Antonelli also spoke to Milan TV

Vincenzo Montella reflected on his team’s performance and the defeat against the Bianconeri at San Siro. The 0-2 is definitely a disappointing result for the Red and Blacks, especially after getting back to winning ways a few days ago in Verona. Here is what the boss had to say:

ON THE MATCH
"This is the match that has upset me the most. We played a good game but we are being punished by details, this time Higuain’s sharpness. We did well to stop the other top players they have, but the difference is that our shot hit the crossbar and went out while theirs hit the post and went in. We stopped them from playing the type of game they wanted, although towards the end we dropped the intensity and lost a bit of confidence, it’s normal. Juventus defenders are very physical and experienced, that’s also why we seemed to have lost energies in the final minutes of the game.

ON THE TEAM’S PERFORMANCE
"We had the right approach. I saw the boys convinced (they could do well) especially in the first half. It’s not easy to play in front of 80,000 fans. We could have scored two goals tonight because we were dangerous up front. These five defeats, with the last three at San Siro don’t do us justice. We have to improve because when you play better or as good as your opponents you have to win. I see that the team knows what to do. In the first 70’ we played with a high defence and didn’t give Juve many opportunities. We mustn’t look at the table, we have to focus only on ourselves. We can still improve a lot as a team and the individuals as well.

THE LACK OF GOALS
"We need to have the conviction, it’s a matter of centimetres. In two occasions tonight, Kalinic was just centimetres away from scoring. We need to keep calm and focused, we will get there. Had we scored first, the course of the match would have definitely been different.

THE INDIVIDUALS
"I don’t want to talk about our individuals. Biglia is a great guy, he played a positive match against Chievo, but recently he hasn't looked calm. Suso and Calhanoglu? Well, the opponents marked them well and gave more space to our less dangerous players. They intentionally focused on the two because they are those who feed our strikers".

At the end of the match, also Ignazio Abate spoke to Milan TV:
“We started off on the right foot, but an individual play by a great striker changed the game. We had the feeling we could have scored in the first half, but after Kalinic hit the bar, we lost a bit of confidence. Then in the second half, we didn’t have the mental strength to stay in the game and we conceded a second goal. We have to carry on, there is no point on looking back”. On the system of play: “We always try to play well in every match. We are on the right path, we are not giving up but we still have to win points. Playing well is not enough. Now we must focus immediately on Europa League". On his team-mate Suso: "He's a fantastic player and today he has shown it again"

A second Red and Black player took the opportunity to share his views on the clash. This is what Luca Antonelli said to Milan TV:
"We were punished by two great plays from a great champion. Before that, the match was levelled. Kalinic’s strike that hit the crossbar could have changed the whole game, but there is a reason why Juve have been the Italian champions for the past six years”. On his physical conditions: "I am fully fit and I happy to be back, although not content with the result". On the next meeting: “We go to Athens to take home the three points”.

https://www.acmilan.com/en/news/intervi ... difference

naraku

29 Oct 2017, 10:00

More or less the result I expected, but it still sucks.

* We where good for like 15-20 mins at home only and we can't score for 4 games is it ? This is worse than Pippo. Brocchi, Seedorf all of the non-qualified coaches.
* Biglia was so disappointing.
*Kessie needs help, he fights so well, but will miss his passes I think because of the pressure he is under. Kessie-Locatelli for the AEK game please.
*Kalinic, like I said all off season is not the man to lead us. Yes, close to goals but in the end nothing. Would Silva or Cutrone score them ? Who knows, but I said all transfer window to not get Kalinic ESPECIALLY if he is suppose to lead the attack.
*Hakan is very so-so at this point. He seems like he can dispel and look like a WC star against the lower teams, but he is found out against any capable team little lone Juve. I would give him to the winter break and then bench.

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

29 Oct 2017, 12:06

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

29 Oct 2017, 12:21

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

29 Oct 2017, 16:58

Luckily for us, Fiorentina, Atalanta, Chievo, and Bologna all lost this round as well, which means we remain in 7th place despite the defeat.

What’s worrying is that the top 4 keep wininng and 4th place is now 10 points away already. Really can’t see Napoli, Inter, Juve, and Lazio slowing down so I think we have no chance of qualifying for CL this season. EL at best, again.

So who do we sell at the end of the season? Donna? Silva? Suso?

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

29 Oct 2017, 17:16

milanist wrote:
Luckily for us, Fiorentina, Atalanta, Chievo, and Bologna all lost this round as well, which means we remain in 7th place despite the defeat.

What’s worrying is that the top 4 keep wininng and 4th place is now 10 points away already. Really can’t see Napoli, Inter, Juve, and Lazio slowing down so I think we have no chance of qualifying for CL this season. EL at best, again.

So who do we sell at the end of the season? Donna? Silva? Suso?

If we don't reach CL, then I can see Juve triggering Donna's release clause, seeing as Buffon is retiring this summer after the World Cup. We should be able to keep some of our other star players if Donna's the one that leaves. I can also see us selling Bona, Kalinic, etc.