For the modern Milanista

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

Re: [Serie A] HELLAS 3-0 MILAN, Sunday 17/12/2017 @ 12:30 CET

19 Dec 2017, 01:08

GATTUSO: "THERE WAS NO REACTION FROM US"

The boss to Milan TV: "We take all the responsibility, I am the first one to do it"

After the 3-0 defeat against Hellas Verona at the Bentegodi Stadium, Rino Gattuso analysed the game and the performance of his players. This is what he said to Milan TV:

NO REACTION
"We have to improve because we did not react after being down in the score. We created many opportunities before conceding the first goal, but we dropped the intensity after facing the first obstacle. We continued to play but the second goal knocked us down. If you check the stats, we recorded 30 attempts, but it’s not enough, we have to play as a team.

MISTAKES
"We cannot look for consolations. We have to remain focused until the end. The team cannot drop the intensity like this when facing an obstacle; we have to improve in our concentration and when pressing our opponents. Hellas Verona took the lead because we made a mistake in marking. We knew they would play defensively and try the counter attacks. We were not good enough in the transition phase too. We take all the responsibility, I am the first one to do it.

WORK ON THE PSYCHOLOGICAL
"Why did I replace Rodriguez with Cutrone? It was a technical decision, there weren’t any physical issues but we were down in the score and I wanted to play more offensively. It’s time to work on the psychological aspect because losing 3-0 hurts. Hellas Verona played a good match, but the full-time score doesn't do us justice".

https://www.acmilan.com/en/news/intervi ... on-from-us

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

19 Dec 2017, 01:12

MIRABELLI: "WE BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM"

The Sporting Director: “We were unlucky to concede the first goal. We can turn things around”

AC Milan Sporting Director, Massimiliano Mirabelli, also spoke to Milan TV after the heavy defeat against Hellas Verona:

REGRETS
"The result doesn't reflect the match. AC Milan tried to dominate the game in all possible ways. Then we were unlucky to concede the first goal. The team did not break apart and tried to react, they were off to a good start in the second half and even broke the record of attempts, 30. Yet, there are no excuses.

THE SEASON
"The attack was not clinical enough. We have to improve on many aspects and coach Gattuso is already working on them. We knew we were going to face a difficult journey with drawbacks and obstacles, maybe we expected less of these but let’s hope we can still turn things round and reach a decent position at the end of the season, going forward also in our other competitions.

FUTURE
"We want to create a strong base from which we can start again. Our current squad is very valuable. We have already made so many changes, we don’t want to make others as big to avoid creating complications. We believe in this team. I see some improvements, Gattuso is working hard trying to strengthen the team’s spirit.

THE FANS AND DONNARUMMA
"We should not look for consolations. Everything we do ends on the pitch. It’s fair to take responsibility when things do not go so well. The fans deserve answers and we want to reassure them. We are working on building AC Milan’s future. Donnarumma is a closed chapter".

https://www.acmilan.com/en/news/intervi ... -this-team

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

19 Dec 2017, 01:13